Monday 5 August 2013

Thunder!

Thunder - A dream

I am moving slowly through crowds of people, trying to find where I need to be! So many bodies they are stopping me from reaching my goal. Time is running out, I MUST reach my destination very soon, there are too many people awaiting my arrival - and this is the last step to fulfilling my dream destiny, if I fail now there will not be any more opportunities!! 

Finally my route is cleared of people, and all I can hear is thunder - yet there are no dark clouds. Slowly the realisation dawns that this isn't weather. People are waiting for me to fulfill a dream held by most of us. As I arrive the people stand and applaud even louder. There isn't a free seat, standing room only - and that is extremely limited. I like this kind of thunder, it does no harm at all.  My would-be Nemesis has joined me, and we prepare ourselves for what is to come. It only takes an hour then the thunder resurfaces, much louder than ever  heard before!

There is a new Ladies Singles Champion at Wimbledon, a 43-year old British woman, who only started playing tennis at age 40! And the pinnacle has been reached thanks to a wild card into qualifying!

ANYONE FOR TENNIS?
ANYONE FOR TENNIS?
ANYONE FOR TENNIS?

1 comment:

  1. Love this!! Your creative writing is fantastic Virgina!! More please :)

    ReplyDelete