Monday 27 May 2013

Life Without Facebook

What Would Life Be Like Without Facebook?

April 27, 2012 is the day I decided to join Facebook. The phone shop said to play with the mobile phone I received on a 2-year contract in September 2011, so I did - YouTube [personal concerts were lovely, although the sound quality on a phone is poor]. Then came Emails and, finally, Facebook.

Facebook, to my mind at the time, was exciting but due to limitations just wasn't like that. Initially, my friends were all family in the UK then a male cousin in Australia became friends. I had met him several years ago when he came over and spent time with my Dad, even taking him on holiday. Towards the end of May my life changed drastically - in a nice way! In my news feed there was a post from an Oz blogger - don't think I'll ever know how that happened. From there I tried to support over 60 bloggers, but eventually had to be a lot more selective about what I wanted from the experience, as I just didn't have the time to cope with that number. Now I support AND receive support from 13 bloggers. One of my lucky numbers!!

One thing I do miss is reading. Have at least 20 books untouched as yet, and I am going to make sure I have at least two hours for reading. Unfortunately, I tend to find other things to fill my time other than reading - word searches mainly! Have to be stricter with myself or the pile of books will grow - charity shops are hard to pass by when I know they will have some of the books I need to complete collections, etc.

Bracken has been posting her own blogs - crazy cat! Don't really mind as it has given me the break I needed. Still do not know what will be next, but know writers from all aspects experience blocks, when the time is right the muse will take off her gag and I'll know what to say.


Bracken's cat house!

The box was one Bracken played with regularly for well over 15 months, but I moved it to the bottom of the stairs - and she jumped in of her own accord. No doubt she will take over more of the blog as time passes, just hope she doesn't try to use the keyboard while I do as her claws are very sharp!!

Until the next time - with purrs from her and love from me! xxxxxxx


6 comments:

  1. I miss reading too - have only read...ummm....three books since G Man came along 5.5 years ago. I will let you guess which three.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm, that is a hard one. Fifty Shades of Grey - NOT on my list.
      ?????
      Sorry - don't have a clue!!!

      Delete
  2. I miss reading books too - I have just started a new book. For a little while blog reading replaced books for me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is largely because I like to try to read everyone's page and not just rely on the imperfect News Feeds that I don't have have time for books. However, I am going to try to take advantage of quiet weekends by reading. Have an interesting true story book about a little boy who happens to be autistic and his cat - just getting to the part where he is attracted to the cat.
      Must do some housework before reading, though. Unfortunately have lost my magic wand!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Virginia
    My pile of books keeps growing - but never shrinks! I used to read constantly before I had kids, now there's just not any time and I really do miss it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, keep missing the right place! Am getting closer to having time on weekends to read and do mundane things called housework if I have the chance. Have to wait for Bracken to go upstairs if I am desperately needing to hoover the lounge.
      Am avoiding charity shops and although sorting out things to donate, one has cut down their bookshelves so will take everything there.

      Delete