Sunday 12 May 2013

The Boy!

WARNING - SOME SEXUAL CONTENT!!!

Juniper - the Boy

I was reminded this morning that when strange cats were nearby Juniper used to sing a yowling song, meaning he was frightened and needed back-up - me! Then as I arrived the "go away" cries took over. My beloved scaredy-cat!

A very large cat, he wasn't a lap cat - but would sometimes stand on my lap, which was very painful. He preferred to sleep at the bottom of my bed and, while he didn't mind my listening to cds or the radio, any attempt to watch tv in the bedroom resulted in very loud snorts! Luckily it was a rare occurrence as trying to watch a portable tv from about 16ft away was very difficult. I never encourage my cats to mix with humans - to save them from being taken by miscreants - but Juniper had three human friends from whom he would accept attention. [Bracken is much more reluctant].

Over the years he lived here, we had some funny times. Especially about 6-7 years ago, when he started trying to mate with Bracken - both were neutered at 6 months - and he didn't really know what he had to do! Stretched out, Bracken was too long so he developed lots of ruses which failed. On the whole, I let him do what he wanted but when he tried the Missionary position, he had Bracken's throat between his powerful jaw so that was quickly stopped. He hadn't had a miraculous regrowth of the necessary, I put it down to gonads! And was pleased to discovering he wasn't delivering anything, but 'shooting blanks'! He sometimes 'humped' the blanket on my bed, and there was nothing untoward there afterwards. Thank goodness.

Unlike his sister, Bracken, Juniper didn't care to have his photograph taken very often - so those I have are all quite special. I took lots of snaps of him shortly before he went to the Rainbow Bridge, but only for my private viewing.

Trying to escape without anyone seeing!









Juniper loved suet cake, so would eat whatever the starlings and jackdaws dropped. One day he decided to help himself from the holders, but discovered it was too difficult for a big cat! Cue a slow escape, pretending he wasn't interested in the cake at all.

2 comments: